When you pin something on Pinterest, what do you do?

{Somewhat Sparkly}

{Somewhat Sparkly}
I love my life!

{Search This Blog}

{Sparkly Friends}

Friday, July 22, 2016

{Change of Pace}

This has been an awesome week! I spent 4 days at JAU (Jostens Advisor University) held in Orlando, FL.  (I commuted each day since it was just a 45 min. drive).  Then Wed. through today was yearbook camp over at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.  I learned so much and I can't wait to get things going for this year and work with my students.  I think I will have about 26 on my yearbook staff this year and I will have large classes for TV & Newspaper as well.  Something I am planning to try this year is doing away with our beat sheets we've been doing and switch to a beat system where students keep track of a team, club, department, or topic on campus like a newsroom.  I am also planning to have my students complete journalistic assignments each week to be graded.  I created a menu of choices for journalists to pick from in order to achieve the grade they want.  Below is a link to that document.  You are welcome to borrow it and make changes to fit your needs.  Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment