When you pin something on Pinterest, what do you do?

{Somewhat Sparkly}

{Somewhat Sparkly}
I love my life!

{Search This Blog}

{Sparkly Friends}

Sunday, January 8, 2012

{No Sew Tree Skirt}

Picture #1: 6 in. ruffle
Picture #2: First I did 3 rows of 6 in. ruffles
Picture #3: Then I did 3 in. rows to the center of it.
Picture #4: Here it is under our tree...I love it! :)

ok, I'm just not a sewer (if that's a word)...but I saw this on Pinterest and decided to take a go at it. I can't even begin to tell you how easy it was! Here are the instructions and a few pictures to help guide you.

Materials Needed:
1 Painters canvas drop cloth (4.5 x 4.5 if you can find it) from Home Depot, Lowes, etc. (I think mine cost 7.99)
4 yards of material you want to use (the original instructions said linen material, but I wanted to just use cotton material and with little ones I decided on a darker color)
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun & lots of glue sticks


Steps that I did:
1. Make sure canvas is a square and lay your square out
2. Fold the fabric into quarters and then a triangle
3. Cut both ends of the triangle...just a little on the top of it and a curve on the bottom (this is something I forgot to take pics of as I did it, but if you go to the first link I posted above you can see her pics to know how to do this)
4. The original instructions said to cut the material into 2-3 in. strips, but here is a tip I learned...that works if you use a light colored material, but with my dark material, those strips show the light colored drop cloth so I cut mine about 6 in. each and that worked much better at hiding the drop cloth. So, depending on what material use use decide how big to cut the strips.
5. Once you have cut all of the material you can start gluing. Just glue the strips around your drop cloth and bunch together as you go to create the ruffles.

PS- one thing I didn't do was the last step in the original instructions....When the ruffles are done, take the ribbon and hot glue it to the slit in the canvas so that once it's around the tree, you can tie the skirt shut. Make sure you leave enough room to tie it into pretty bows!


No comments:

Post a Comment